As part of our sustainable campaign, we have 1253 organic cotton farmers under contract for production of organic cotton. The total area covered is more than 5000 acres.
A consultant along with a team of dedicated workers is on a constant move to train and assist farmers. A complete scientific approach is used to do organic farming and the following are its main aspects:
- Organic Manure like cow dung and Neem.
- Mechanically devised traps to catch pests.
- Use of household natural products to make insecticides. For example, fermented curd.
- Using natural predators like birds and insects.
- Crop rotation to maintain and replenish the nutrients of the soil.